- Add support for GNU Debian/kfreebsd. The toolkit would not build on GNU Debian/kfreebsd before this release.
- Add support for TCP/IPv6 probes. tcp6 can now send TCP/IPv6 packets (“–probe-mode” option), and read the TCP response packets, if any. This can be leveraged for port scans, and miscellaneous measurements.
- The following platforms are supported: FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Linux, and Mac OS.
List of Tools and Manual Pages
- flow6: A tool to perform a security asseessment of the IPv6 Flow Label.
- frag6: A tool to perform IPv6 fragmentation-based attacks and to perform a security assessment of a number of fragmentation-related aspects.
- icmp6: A tool to perform attacks based on ICMPv6 error messages.
- jumbo6: A tool to assess potential flaws in the handling of IPv6 Jumbograms.
- na6: A tool to send arbitrary Neighbor Advertisement messages.
- ni6: A tool to send arbitrary ICMPv6 Node Information messages, and assess possible flaws in the processing of such packets.
- ns6: A tool to send arbitrary Neighbor Solicitation messages.
- ra6: A tool to send arbitrary Router Advertisement messages.
- rd6: A tool to send arbitrary ICMPv6 Redirect messages.
- rs6: A tool to send arbitrary Router Solicitation messages.
- scan6: An IPv6 address scanning tool.
- tcp6: A tool to send arbitrary TCP segments and perform a variety of TCP-based attacks.